Permanent Residents, Temporary Foreign Workers, and International Students (and their accompanying family members) are required by law to take the following steps when entering or re-entering Canada:
- Must take a pre-arrival COVID-19 test.
- Must take a second test when they arrive in Canada.
- If arriving by air must spend up to the first three days of their 14-day quarantine in a government-approved hotel.
- Take a third COVID-19 test towards the end of their mandatory 14-day quarantine period.
Essential service workers with a federal or provincial travel exemption are not required to quarantine for 14 days after arriving in Canada.
Fully vaccinated travellers who are permitted to enter Canada will not be subject to the federal requirement to quarantine or take a COVID-19 test on day-8. In addition, fully vaccinated travellers arriving by air will not be required to stay at a government-authorized hotel.
Requirements to be exempt from the quarantine hotel stay and the full 14-day quarantine:
Submit proof of full vaccination with one of the COVID-19 vaccines approved in Canada within the updated version of the ArriveCAN app.
Vaccines approved in Canada:
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson)
- Official translation of vaccination documents (French or English).
- Be asymptomatic at the time of travel.
- Negative COVID-19 test prior to arriving in Canada.
- Suitable quarantine plan until they wait for their COVID-19 test results.
- COVID-19 test upon arriving and must quarantine until the test result is negative.
- They will be able to end their quarantine, without waiting for a full 14 days, if their COVID-19 test result comes back negative
Unvaccinated children will be exempt from the quarantine hotel stay, however the children who are not vaccinated will need to quarantine for the full 14 days. Their fully vaccinated parents may leave their quarantine upon receiving their negative test result after arrival.
To get more related information visit:
To find out detailed information about your eligibility for Canadian immigration, simply contact us: email@example.com or fill out our assessment form in the link below:
We will make the right strategy for you!